The State Bank of India is one of the largest banks in India. The State Bank of India debit cardholders can now control their debit card and its debit usage using the official net banking and mobile banking application. For instance, most banks provide debit cards in which online transactions are disabled by default.
You need to manually activate the online transaction mode to transact on any online or e-commerce website using your debit card. The same thing is for SBI debit card users. But, there is nothing to be worried about.
In this article, we will explain the process to activate an SBI debit card for the online transaction. Let’s have a look at further information below.
Things required to activate sbi debit card for online transaction
Before coming to the primary part of this article, you need to be aware of things required to activate a sbi debit card for the online transaction. Let’s have a look.
- Your mobile number. (However, the mobile number must be registered with your SBI bank account. It is essential to complete this process)
- YONO application.
- SBI Profile Password.
- SBI internet banking username and password, aka credentials.
- Debit card number, last four digits of debit card.
How to activate sbi debit card for online transaction?
You do not have to wait anymore to activate online transactions on your SBI debit card. However, there are three different methods to complete this process. For instance, we have added all of the possible methods below to activate the sbi debit card for the online transaction.
Let’s have a look at those working options;
- YONO application.
- Internet Banking.
Sending an SMS – 1
You do not have to rely on internet banking services if you don’t have one. You can simply send an SMS from your registered mobile number to activate an online transaction. Let’s have a look at the process.
- Open your smartphone and the SMS application.
- Type a new SMS.
- Type SWON ECOM <Last four digits of a debit card>,
- You now have to send it to this number 092239 66666. (Standard SMS charges are applicable for sending such SMS. Thus, make sure your mobile card have enough balance)
- After sending the SMS, you will receive a confirmation message from the bank that ‘the online transactions are enabled.’
- That’s all.
YONO Application – 2
The second option to activate SBI Debit Card for online transactions is by using the YONO application. You can quickly use this application to turn on/off the e-commerce transactions on your debit card. Let’s look at the process.
- First, one needs to open the SBI YONO application on their smartphone. (If you have not downloaded it yet? You can quickly download from this link.)
- You now have to log in to the application using the internet banking login information.
- Just enter the username and password.
- Once logged in, open the menu and click on the services option.
- On the next screen, select the ‘debit card services.’ option.
- You now have to enter the profile password.
- Just proceed to the online section.
- After that, simply turn on the online transactions on your debit card.
- That’s all.
Internet Banking – 3
Last, you can activate SBI Debit Card for online transactions by using internet banking. If you have not registered for the SBI internet banking yet? Then, simply follow our previous article to complete registration for the State Bank of India Internet Banking.
Let’s have a look at the process;
- First, one needs to open the internet banking portal website on the computer. You can quickly visit the official website from here: https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Just log in using the username and password.
- You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number to complete the login process.
- You now have to click on the ‘E-Services.’ option from the main dashboard.
- After that, select the ‘ATM Card Services.’ option from the list.
- Select the account number and debit card associated with a particular account.
- From the drop-down menu, select the channel type and activate the online transaction using the available options.
- That’s all.
Apart from all these three available methods, the SBI YONO application is one of the reliable and quickest methods that we have found useful for us. Anyway, it depends from person to person. You can simply use any of the methods available above to activate online transactions on your SBI debit card.
Here we come at the end. There is no other doubt. The State Bank of India is one of the largest nationalized banks in India. It is more branches and ATM’s locations compared to any other bank. This bank is even working hard to provide the best services to its customers.
However, this article is all about activating SBI Debit Cards for Online Transactions. We have added the information that you need to know to complete this process. We hope it helps. If there is anything else? You can come to us directly using the comments section.