Banglarbhumi, developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) in collaboration with the Land and Land Reforms Department of Western Bengal Government, is an online Land Record software system. It aims to preserve and review the Rights Records and Maps on an ongoing basis, and to provide the State of West Bengal with records of rights and cloud data to the public.
Banglarbhumi website namely banglarbhumi.gov.in includes all details of land of all districts of West Bengal – Kolkata, Hooghly, Bankura, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, Uttar Dinajpur, Murshidabad, Paschim Medinipur, Bardhaman, Purulia, Nadia, Cooch Behar, Dakshin Dinajpur, Purba Medinipur, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Maldah, Birbhum, and North 24 Parganas. Few locations are not fully updated with land records. The Government of West Bengal is still working towards collecting and providing all Land Records services online for land users.
Need of West Bengal Land Records:
For the following reasons, you would need your West Bengal land records:
- To check the land title when transacting land
- Open a bank account
- Legal purpose in the case of a disagreement over property
- For separation of land
- To check the status of mutation
- To raise the financial institution’s farm loans/credits
- Personal reasons
Benefit Government: Clear land records help the government to track any fraudulent transactions in the region. It quickly helps to recover every required document to be checked or audited. It also saves a great deal of time and manpower too.
Benefit Buyers and Sellers: The authenticity of any land may be verified by individuals. This can save citizens from being tricked, helps them to test the land’s worth, and people can also access different property relevant papers, such as the Rights Record, etc.
Steps to Check Banglarbhumi GRN Search Request & Application:
Every citizen of West Bengal who would like to apply for the GRN may search this page for the GRN. You must follow the step-by-step instructions below to do this successfully.
- Type banglarbhumi.gov.in portal in the browser’s search bar This is the official link to the Department of Land and Land Reforms website. You can use Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox based on your choice
- To begin the search process, click the “Enter” button on your screen.
- Click the mouse cursor on the “Service Delivery” option In this operation, a drop-down box with a few options will be displayed like ROR request, Plot data request
- Click the button “Check GRN Search” You will be redirected to the fee details page of the GRIPS bill.
- Enter GRN number, the Application number, name of the bank, and amount details
- Enter the captcha as shown in the captcha image to ensure human security verification to generate a new captcha image, you can click on the button “Refresh.”
- After filling all the information properly, press the “Continue” button. The GRN search data can now be accessed.
- Through clicking on the Download button, you can download the data to your device. Select the location where to save the file in your device After you select, click on “Save.”
- To print the document for future reference, click on the “Print” tab.