Current competition in the banks is to provide better services to their account holders. Many Private banks are already doing well in the market in terms of getting a satisfying user experience. By looking at the competition given by the private banks, the government sector is all set to move up with the new facilities and the same has been led by the leading bank which is the State Bank of India. SBI is all set to provide better facilities which can be availed by any account holder sitting at home.
Wondering how? You can do all the activities from fund transfer to requesting a cheque book online. Gone the days where you need to stand in the queue for applying the cheque books.
How To Request SBI Cheque Book Online
SBI (State bank of India) Customers can now request a new cheque book online. There are various options from which you can easily apply your cheque book. Let’s have a look at the list of options we have.
- Net Banking
- Mobile Banking
- SMS Banking
- IVR (Phone Banking)
#1 SBI Net Banking
If you are just a regular account holder of SBI, Then for the first time you need to visit the bank for activating your Net Banking account or you can do it by using your debit card by visiting – https://retail.onlinesbi.com/.
That’s the only requirement that you need to request your SBI Cheque book online via Net Banking.
- First, you need to login into your SBI Net Banking account and that you can do it by visiting: https://retail.onlinesbi.com/.
- You need to enter your confidential information like your user id and password to get access into the secure Internet Banking portal.
- After that, from the top icons menu, click on the “Request & Enquiries.” Tab and then “Cheque Book Request.”
- The next screen will show you your account number; There you have to enter the no. of cheque leaves and then click on submit.
- Selecting your delivery address would be the final step on this screen. That’s it.
#2 Mobile Banking
Apart from Net Banking, You can also request your cheque book via Mobile Banking as well. You need to install the official application of SBI Anywhere mobile banking to get it done. Once installed, you can follow the steps given below.
- Open SBI Anywhere and login to the application by using your Net Banking Credentials.
- Tap on the Requests Tab shown on the screen.
- On the next screen, Click on Cheque Book and then on Cheque book request.
- Again on the next screen select your account number & put the no. of cheque book leaves & then click on submit.
- Your final step would be Selecting your delivery address & Click on Submit That’s it.
#3 SMS Banking
You can apply your SBI Cheque book by sending a simple SMS from your registered mobile number as well.
- Type “REG<space>account number” and send to 09223488888 (e.g: REG 30184569875)
- Type” “CHQREQ” and send to 09223588888
You will receive an SMS to confirm your request.
- Now you need to send confirmation SMS to 09223588888 (e.g., CHQACC Y 635663)
#4 Phone Banking (IVR)
If you are not aware of using Net Banking & Mobile Banking, then you can also request your cheque by calling the toll-free number of the bank.
- First, you need to call SBI Customer Care Toll-free number: 1800112211 OR 18004253800.
- Then, Before connecting to your phone banking officer, they will ask you for your account verification. For this, enter your Debit Card aka ATM card details, and you are good to go. (You don’t need to worry about the privacy as this is the secure calling line from SBI).
- Follow the instructions and request your cheque book.
One of the main benefits of everything is in hand by using modern technologies and the facilities provided by the bank is to save our precious time. Just if we take an example of the Cheque books, then we don’t need to stand in a queue waiting for our turn. In a world of digitalization, we can easily avail this facility by sitting at our home, and for same, this post is all about. We have precisely mentioned the same steps that you need to follow to request your SBI cheque book online.