There are several benefits of having the mobile number gets registered with the bank account. This will allow the customers to track all the transactions happening with their bank account in one go. The customer will get alerted and updated 24/7, and also get the SMS regarding any suspicious activity if any is happening with the bank account.
Furthermore, one needs to get its mobile number registered with the State Bank of India, if one wants to use the digital banking aka, net banking services of the bank. This is one of the essential steps to register your mobile number with your SBI bank account. Therefore, we have decided to share the numerous ways to update mobile number in SBI or register in this article.
How to update mobile number in SBI?
To be an instance, it is a quick process, and we have divided this process into sections. Let’s have a look.
Update mobile number using internet banking
- First, you need to visit the official internet banking website of the State Bank of India. You can visit by clicking here.
- After that, a login form will get appear on your screen. You now have to enter the login details to get logged in to the internet banking portal.
- Once you are logged in, you are required to click on my account> profile section.
- Now, you have to select the mobile number section under the personal details option.
- Enter the login password.
- You will now see your personal details including your mobile number.
- You now have to click on the change button.
- You now will have three options to update your mobile number.
- Using OTP on both old and new mobile number.
- Internet banking approval through ATM.
- Through the contact center.
- You can choose the appropriate option.
- Later, follow the process that is given on your screen.
- That’s it.
You may also like to read, How To Register / Update Email ID in SBI Bank Account Online or Offline?
Customer Care Helpdesk is another option to update your mobile number in your SBI bank account. However, you have to call the given number (1800-11-22-11 or 1800-425-3800) using your registered mobile number with the bank account.
Once the call gets connected with any customer care executive. You are required to verify yourself with some personal details. This is to ensure that the account owner is calling for any service.
Later, you can ask the customer care executive for the updation of the mobile number. You now have to follow the steps given by the executive.
The third & convenient way is to get the mobile number updated or registered with the SBI bank account via visiting the home branch. You only have to apply for the registration or updation of your mobile number and the same will get updated in 24 hours.
Having the mobile number registered with your SBI bank account allows you to track all the transactions and activities happening with your account. However, there is a need of changing or updating the mobile number. Therefore, we have decided to share up the guide for updating mobile number in SBI.