We do know that according to the new government policies, it is now mandatory to link our aadhar card with the bank account. It is for using most of the banking services that are getting stopped after the new policy made by the government. However, it is again not mandatory in 2019 but if you still wish to link your aadhar card with your SBI bank account then in this post we have added a detailed process of linking aadhaar card with SBI bank account.
Link Aadhaar Card With SBI Bank Account:
There are many ways to link Aadhar card with SBI bank account. Some of them may require a visit to the bank, and on the other side, some of them may be the easy and online procedure for online aadhar linking. The methods to link Aadhar card with your SBI bank account are:
- Through Internet Banking
- Through Mobile Banking
- Using SBI ATM
- SBI Branch
#1 Through Internet Banking:
This process is only available for customers who have registered for internet banking services by SBI. This is one of the most convenient procedure I do found in terms of linking aadhar card with SBI bank account. Let me tell you using steps.
- First, you need to visit the official website of SBI, and you can do this by clicking here https://onlinesbi.com.
- After that, find the login option and click on it.
- On the next screen, enter your customer ID and password. (Make sure to enter all the details correctly)
- After filling all the information, click on submit and you will be redirected to the dashboard of Internet banking.
- Now, from the main menu, go through my accounts and click on the “link aadhar card” option.
- Select SBI bank account on the next screen and enter the aadhar number you want to link with your account.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and submit.
- That’s it.
#2 Through Mobile Banking:
The second option to link Aadhar card with SBI bank account is via using SBI mobile application. It is another option which I found most convenient for me at least. Let me tell you the process using steps.
- First, log in to the SBI mobile application by using your customer ID and pin.
- From the home screen, select my account and then three dots.
- Then select service requests after that you need to go in the settings> manage profile> Personalization
- Update your aadhar number there.
- That’s it.
#3 Using SBI ATM:
This method requires your visit to the nearest SBI bank ATM. However, this is also the easy process of linking aadhar card with your bank account.
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM.
- Swipe your debit card on ATM.
- Enter four-digit pin.
- After that, click on Service registration from the menu.
- Then, choose aadhar registration from the menu.
- Enter your aadhar number twice for confirmation and click on submit.
- The same confirmation message you will receive on your registered mobile number. This process will take a maximum of 24 hours for the updation of aadhar card in your bank account.
#4 SBI Branch:
The fourth option is a bit difficult as you need to visit the bank branch along with your valid original documents (Aadhar card). The only thing you need to do there is filling the aadhar linking form and attach the copy of your aadhar card along with it for the submission.
How to Check the Status of SBI Aadhar Card Linking?
The last option is straightforward for those who do not want to visit the branch and either do not have access to internet banking and mobile banking. Let me explain using steps that how can you check linking status.
- First, you need to visit the official website of SBI, and you can do this by clicking here sbi.co.in.
- Find the announcements section under the main menu.
- Click on that and then in aadhar linking option.
- On the linking page, enter your SBI bank account number.
- Enter, and one OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and captcha code on the screen.
- The status of your linking process will be available on the screen.
We do know how important it is for everyone to link their bank accounts with Aadhar card. It is to prevent frauds and to check the records of citizens living in India. It makes sure that everyone has a legal account with the bank. However, if you still not linked your Aadhar card with your SBI bank account, then I must recommend you to link your aadhar card as soon as possible. This post is all about SBI aadhar card linking process, we have added all the possible methods for aadhar card linking.