When do you Need to Block an SBI ATM Card?
Since ATM card is an essential item, you must tend to carry it every day in your purse. And if pickpocket happens or you lost your card then it is necessary to know what steps you will follow to immediately block the card. Otherwise, it might result in a huge loss of your money. SBI ensures that your process of card blocking is easy, hassle-free and immediate so that there occur no unauthorized transactions using your credit card. You can block SBI ATM card either through an online or offline method. Both methods are fast and simple. You can choose any one of them.
How to Block SBI ATM Card through Net Banking:
If you have an account in SBI Online, the e-banking interface of SBI then in a few simple steps you can deactivate your card through the online process
- Visit onlinesbi.com
- Log in to SBI net banking portal using your user ID and password.
- Go to the tab that says e-services and then click on ATM Card Services Option.
- Click on the option of Block ATM Card.
- Choose that account of yours which is linked with your misplaced Debit or credit card.
- You will be able to see all of your cards that are activated or blocked. The list displays the first and last four digit of ATM card.
- SBI account holder should select the particular reason you want to block your card. Provide the reason as Lost/stolen.
- Verify the details required and then click on confirm.
- Choose a particular mode to authenticate the request so that the bank knows it is you who wants to block the card. You can either opt for an OTP or use your profile password.
- Enter the OTP or profile password, the one you have chosen in the previous step.
- You will receive a ticket number via SMS in your registered mobile number once your card is blocked.
- The account cardholder should save the number to activate a card in the near future. It will serve as the reference number.
- You can also sign in your net banking portal to check whether your card has been blocked or not.
Block an SBI ATM Card through Mobile banking:
You can also block your card through mobile banking by following these few steps:
- Log in to the app called SBI Mobile banking available on Android or ios smartphone.
- On the home screen of the SBI mobile banking app select the option of Service.
- Under Services menu, select Debit card hot listing option to block SBI ATM card within minutes.
- When the next page opens, select the account linked to your card which you want to block.
- In the next menu, the account holder will be required to select the card they want to block. The last four digits of whose number will be available.
- In the next step, select a particular reason you want to block your card. You can select one between lost and stolen.
- As a last authentication step, you will be needed to provide an OTP. After this step, the SBI ATM card will be blocked.
Blocking an SBI ATM Card through Phone Call:
If you are not accustomed to using the net, then you can also block your card through a phone call to the customer care of SBI. Follow these steps to do so:
- Call the SBI ATM card block number 18004253800 or 1800112211 which is a toll-free number.
- You will be guided by IVRS on how to block your ATM card.
- Following these steps, the cards will be blocked immediately.
Blocking an SBI ATM Card through SMS:
This is another off-line method. You can simply use an SMS to block your card. This is how you should do it.
- SMS Block and the last 4 digits of your card number to 567676 from your number which is registered with the bank.
- A confirmation message will come to inform you that your card has been blocked.
However, you can always visit your nearest SBI branch to block your card, if you think that none of the above-stated options is suitable for you. Also instead of blocking your card, you can apply another method to temporarily disable your card. Go to the app SBI anywhere personal from your phone. Go to Manage Debit card usage option. First, select your account to which the card you want to disable is linked. Then select the correct card number. Then start switching off all the options such as Domestic usage, international usage, ATM txns, Merchant (POS) txns, and e-commerce (CNP) txns. Then press Submit to disable your card. You can save your card from any fraudulent activity. This option save your time and also restrains you from the hustle of again unblocking your card when you will want to use it the next time. So what you need to do before you use it is to turn on all the options especially the international and domestic ones, and you will be all set to go.