UAN (Universal Account Number) used to check all the information related to your EPF (Employee Provident Funds) account. You can check any of the details by using your UAN number and password by login into the security panel. But, what if you have forgotten your UAN password? No worries, here we are going to discuss on the same topic that how one can recover or reset his UAN login password.
We do know about the UAN (Universal Account number) it is 12 Digit account number allocated to each of the retired employees of the company. This gives the employee full access to EPFO home portal, and he can access his account for getting the following things.
- Download Passbook/UAN Card,
- List Previous Member ID/View Linking Status,
- File Transfer Claim/View Transfer Claim Status/System Generated Transfer Claim Status,
- Edit Mobile Number/Edit Email ID/Update KYC Information/Change Password/Edit Personal Details,
There are two ways to reset your forgotten UAN password, and one tells us if the registered mobile number is with you and the other tells us to register the new mobile number for resetting the password of your UAN account.
#1 Reset UAN Password with Registered Mobile Number:
- You need to visit the secure panel of UAN first, and you can do this by clicking here: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- There, under the login section, you will find the option for resetting your password. Click on Forget Password.
- After that, you need to enter the UAN number mapped to your account, and after that, the mobile number which is registered with your account will be shown on the screen.
- You can put a request for the change else, continue if you have access to your current registered phone.
- You will receive a 4-6 digit security PIN on your phone.
- Enter the pin, choose a new password and you are done.
#2 Reset UAN Password without Registered Mobile Number:
You can even reset your UAN password if you do not have access to your current registered mobile number. However, this would require few details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Aadhaar/PAN. The details you will enter should match with the records of UAN to avail this option.
- First, you need to go through this link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on Forget Password option.
- The account details such as your mobile number mapped with your UAN account will show on your screen. You can change the number by putting NO as an answer to continue.
- Enter the required document details for the verification.
- Post verification enter your new mobile number to get it registered with UAN portal.
- After that, Enter the OTP, and you can change your password after that.
UAN (Universal Account number) a 12 digit account which is allocated to the EPFO member or employee. It often used to check the details of EPF account such as passbook, balance and other required information. This post is all about getting your password recovered in the case, you have forgotten it somehow, you can check out the guide above for getting your password retrieved.