We do know that the state bank of India is providing all the banking needs to every account holder of SBI. It is the first government bank to provide better services among other government banks. This bank has more bank accounts linked to customers than any other banks, and recently some of the government banks are merged with State bank of India. After all, SBI is providing the best services among any other government banks and currently heading the competition. In this post, we will be discussing the process of updating email id in our SBI bank account.
We know that it does provide the ease to access services for customers. It is also easy to update our email id online using the digital banking services by SBI bank. The digital banking services not only allow us to update our email id on the bank records but also to access many of the banking features, which requires our visit to the banks.
How to Update Email ID in SBI Bank Account?
There are two processes from which you can update your account information aka email id at ease. One is online, and one will require your visit to the bank. You can choose any of the methods whichever is most convenient for you. However, the online process requires access to internet banking of SBI. If you already registered for the same then it is good otherwise you need to activate it first. You can do this as well by using your debit card and mobile number.
Update Email ID using Online Method (Internet banking):
- First, visit the official website of State bank of India.
- Head over to the login page of SBI net banking.
- Enter the login credentials such as Customer ID and password.
- Click on submit, and you will be redirected to your dashboard.
- Now navigate to the profile option and then personal details > change email id. This option will be available under my account section.
- Enter the profile password and proceed to the next page.
- Select the account number on the next screen and enter the new email id.
- Click on submit and verify it using OTP.
- Post verification, email id will be submitted for the updation.
- You will be notified once the updation process is completed.
Here is the guide on how to login to SBI Internet Banking
Update Email ID through the branch (Offline Method):
- You need to visit the SBI branch near you.
- Ask for the letter to request an email change.
- Fill the request letter using the correct details.
- Submit to the corresponding authority of the bank along with your aadhar card attached copy.
- Post verification of your documents your email id will be updated in the bank records.
- You will be notified by SMS once the process of updation completed.
Every customer needs to change their email id with the new one. In case, they are not using the old email id or forget the access. It not only provides security but you will get an update on your email id related to your bank transactions. In this post, we have mentioned all the details you need to know for the updation of SBI bank email id online or offline.