You must have heard about the word ‘prepaid debit cards.’? Alright. Prepaid debit cards are one of the best alternatives to credit cards that can be used across the world for completing various transactions. Here, we are talking about Green Dot Prepaid Debit Card. This debit card can be a good option for people who do not want to open a traditional checking account or go through the process of credit checking.
Green Dot card is one of the widely used prepaid cards. It does not help you to build a healthy credit score, but can be used worldwide with tons of benefits. Just because you are spending the money that you have loaded in this card? You do not have to go through a credit check for getting approval.
How to Apply for Green Dot Prepaid Debit Card?
There is nothing difficult in it. You can apply for a green dot prepaid card at the stores near you. You can also take the help of the official website to find a suitable retailer near you.
You only have to visit the nearest retailer and apply for this prepaid card.
What about Fees?
You can use this card for online purchases, bill payments, and shopping. There is no minimum balance required to keep this card active. However, some transactions are chargeable.
- You need to pay a fee of $2.95 for getting this card from a retailer.
- $2.50 ATM withdrawal fee, plus one needs to pay the ATM operator charges extra.
- You need to pay a fee of $2.50 for teller cash withdrawals.
- You need to pay 3% of the transaction amount to complete any foreign transaction.
- You need to pay $5 for the replacement of the prepaid debit card.
- No Credit Check – If you have bad credit? You can still get the green dot card. There is no credit check is required for getting the green dot prepaid debit card.
- Avoid Expensive Cash Checking Fee – You can avoid an expensive cash checking fee with the green dot prepaid card.
- Feature Rich application – The application is feature-rich allows you to complete the transaction with the ease of fingertips.
- Free Online Bill Payment – There is no fee for making an online bill payment.
- Visa/Mastercard Brands – Green dot cards are from VISA/Mastercards. This can be accepted in every outlet.
- Fee for all ATMs and Teller cash withdrawals – Green Dot charge $2.50 ATM for all the ATMs and Teller cash withdrawals.
- Monthly Fee – There is a monthly fee of $7.50. You can avoid it by loading more than $1000 in your card each month.
- Additional Fee if the balance goes below 0$ – Since this is a prepaid card. You need to maintain a minimum balance of $1.
- The higher fee for cash reloading at retailer outlets – Green dot charge a higher fee for cash reloading at retailer outlets.
- No savings account option – There is no savings account option with a green dot prepaid debit card.
You may also like to read, How to Unblock Green Dot Card? (Green Dot Customer Service)
Here we come at the end. Green Dot card is one of the widely used prepaid cards. This prepaid card can be a good option for people who do not want to open a traditional checking account or go through the process of credit checking. Therefore, we have decided to put all the essential information in this article.
Here we have added everything that one needs to know about Green Dot Prepaid Card. We hope it helps. Apart from this? If there is anything else? You can ask us in the comments section.