In a world driven by technology and fueled by the aspirations of the millennial generation, HDFC Bank presents the HDFC Millennia Credit Card. Designed specifically for the vibrant and tech-savvy ’90s kids, this credit card is tailored to cater to their unique preferences and lifestyle choices. With a focus on providing remarkable cashback offers, exclusive benefits, and a seamless digital experience, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card emerges as the perfect companion for the Gen-Y.
With four enticing variants – Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, and RuPay – the HDFC Millennia card offers a range of options to suit individual preferences. For an annual fee of just Rs. 1,000, this basic credit card presents an array of exciting features, ensuring exceptional value for money.
Emphasizing the importance of milestones and customer appreciation, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card entices users with fantastic gift vouchers upon meeting quarterly spending goals. Moreover, this card offers a range of delightful benefits, including enticing dining discounts of up to 20% and a fuel surcharge waiver, making every dining experience and fuel purchase even more enjoyable.
With its exceptional cashback offers, exclusive benefits, and a focus on enhancing the millennial lifestyle, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card stands as a testament to HDFC Bank’s commitment to understanding and serving the evolving needs of its customers. Stay tuned as we delve deeper into the features, fees, and charges of this remarkable credit card in our comprehensive HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card review.
Rewards and Benefits
- Movie & Dining Delights: Enjoy up to 20% discount at partner restaurants, making dining experiences even more delightful. Additionally, relish the convenience of complimentary Swiggy Dineout service, bringing a range of culinary options right to your doorstep.
- Exciting Rewards Rate: Earn 5% cashback (as CashPoints) on select partner online merchants, including popular platforms like Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, and Zomato. For all other spends, excluding fuel, rental, and government-related transactions, earn 1% cashback (as CashPoints), ensuring rewards on every purchase.
- Versatile Reward Redemption: Redeeming your accumulated CashPoints is effortless. Each CashPoint is valued at Re. 1 when applied towards your credit card statement balance. Alternatively, when redeeming against products and vouchers in the comprehensive product catalogue, as well as flight and hotel bookings, each CashPoint is valued at Rs. 0.30.
- Unforgettable Travel Experiences: Embark on your journeys with 8 complimentary airport lounge access every year, allowing you to relax and unwind before your flight. With 2 visits per quarter, you can indulge in comfort and luxury at domestic airport lounges across India.
- Comprehensive Fraud Protection: Rest easy knowing that you are covered by Zero Liability Protection. In the unfortunate event of card loss or theft, promptly report it to the bank, and you will not be held liable for any fraudulent transactions.
Experience a world of rewards and benefits with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card. From discounted dining and captivating cashbacks to airport lounge access and fraud protection, this card enhances your lifestyle while offering peace of mind. Make the most of your purchases and enjoy the privileges that come with being a cardholder.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Reward Points/Cashback
- CashPoints for Exciting Rewards: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers you the opportunity to earn CashPoints, which are credited to your card account. These CashPoints can be redeemed for a variety of options, including cashback that can be adjusted against the outstanding balance on your card.
- 5% Cashback on Partner Online Merchants: Make transactions with confidence on popular partner online merchants like Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, and Zomato, and enjoy an enticing 5% cashback. Every purchase brings you closer to earning CashPoints that contribute to your savings.
- 1% Cashback on All Other Spends: The rewards don’t stop there! With the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, you can earn 1% cashback on all your other online and offline spends, including EMI transactions, wallet top-ups, gift or prepaid card loads, and voucher purchases. Each transaction adds up, providing you with valuable CashPoints.
- Cap on CashPoints: To ensure fairness and maximize benefits for all cardholders, the CashPoints earned under the 5% and 1% categories are capped at 1,000 CashPoints per statement cycle each. This means you can earn up to a total of 2,000 CashPoints in a given statement cycle, unlocking a wealth of rewards and savings.
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card is your gateway to a world of cashback and rewards. Whether you’re shopping online, dining out, or indulging in your favorite entertainment platforms, this card rewards your spending with CashPoints that can be redeemed for exciting benefits. Start earning and make the most of every transaction with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card has an annual fee of Rs. 1,000. However, you have the opportunity to waive the annual fee by spending a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year, allowing you to enjoy the card’s benefits without incurring the annual fee.
- Interest Rate: In case you are unable to clear the entire outstanding amount on your card’s statement by the payment due date, an interest rate of 3.6% per month (or 42.3% p.a.) will be applicable on the remaining balance. It’s important to manage your payments to avoid incurring additional interest charges.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: When making international transactions using the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, a foreign currency mark-up fee of 3.5% will be applicable on the transacted amount. This fee covers the currency conversion and is a standard charge for international purchases.
- Cash Withdrawal Fee: Should you need to make a cash withdrawal using your HDFC Millennia Credit Card, a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500, whichever is higher, will be applicable. It’s advisable to use cash withdrawals sparingly due to the associated fee.
- Late Payment Fee: Timely payment of your credit card dues is crucial. If you fail to clear the outstanding amount by the payment due date, a late payment fee will be applicable in addition to the interest rate charged. It’s important to meet the payment deadlines to avoid unnecessary charges.
Pros of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- Generous Cashback Offers: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card stands out with its impressive 5% cashback at partner merchants, including renowned brands such as Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato, Uber, and more. This high cashback rate allows you to save significantly on your everyday purchases and online transactions.
- Exclusive Lounge Access: One of the notable advantages of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card is the complimentary access to domestic airport lounges. With 8 complimentary lounge visits across various airports in India, this card elevates your travel experience and offers a touch of luxury that is typically unavailable with entry-level credit cards.
- Diverse Partner Network: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card boasts a wide range of partner merchants, allowing you to make the most of your spending. By leveraging the card’s partnership with popular brands like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato, Uber, and more, you can enjoy exclusive discounts and cashback rewards, further enhancing your shopping and dining experiences.
- Versatile Redemption Options: The cashback earned through the HDFC Millennia Credit Card is processed as CashPoints, which can be conveniently redeemed against various options. Whether you choose to offset your card’s outstanding balance, indulge in flight and hotel bookings, or explore the extensive product catalog for exciting rewards and vouchers, the redemption options provide flexibility and value.
- Enhanced Lifestyle Benefits: With its focus on the millennial generation, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers benefits that align with the dynamic lifestyle of its target customers. From cashback on popular online platforms to exclusive dining discounts and fuel surcharge waivers, this card complements your preferences and delivers value in various aspects of your daily life.
Cons of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- Lower Cashback Rate on Non-Partner Spends: While the HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers an impressive 5% cashback at partner merchants, the cashback rate drops to just 1% for all other online and offline spends at non-partner merchants. This lower cashback rate may be less enticing for purchases made outside the designated partner network.
- Maximum Capping on CashPoints: There is a maximum capping of 1,000 CashPoints per statement cycle for the accelerated 5X rate, applicable to partner merchant transactions. Additionally, another 1,000 CashPoints can be earned at the normal 1X rate in a given statement cycle. This means a total of 2,000 CashPoints is the maximum limit achievable, equivalent to a cashback value of Rs. 2,000. The presence of these maximum limits may restrict the potential cashback earnings for some cardholders.
- Limited Redemption Value: While the HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers the flexibility to redeem CashPoints for various options, the redemption value may vary. When redeemed against the card’s statement balance, each CashPoint is valued at its full worth, Re. 1. However, when redeemed against products, vouchers, or flight/hotel bookings, each CashPoint is valued at Rs. 0.30. This difference in redemption value may reduce the overall value and potential benefits for certain types of redemptions.
- Requirement of High Spending for Annual Fee Waiver: To enjoy the annual fee waiver of Rs. 1,000, cardholders must spend a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year. This requirement of high spending may be a disadvantage for those who do not typically reach such spending levels, potentially making the annual fee a significant factor to consider when evaluating the card’s overall cost-effectiveness.
Who Should Sign Up for HDFC Millennia Card?
- Young Professionals and Millennials: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card is specifically designed with young professionals and millennials in mind. If you belong to this demographic and are looking to establish a credit profile and begin your credit journey, this card could be an ideal choice.
- Those Seeking to Build a Strong Credit Profile: As a young professional, it’s crucial to build a strong credit profile for future financial endeavors. The HDFC Millennia Credit Card provides an opportunity to demonstrate responsible credit usage and timely payments, which can positively impact your credit history and pave the way for future financial milestones.
- Online Shoppers: If you frequently shop online, especially from popular partner websites like Amazon and Flipkart, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers extra benefits tailored to enhance your shopping experience. The card’s higher cashback rate and exclusive discounts on partner websites make it appealing for avid online shoppers.
- Individuals Interested in Travel Benefits: The HDFC Millennia Credit Card provides complimentary lounge access at domestic airports, which adds a touch of luxury to your travel experiences. If you value the convenience and comfort of airport lounges, this card offers an additional perk that sets it apart from many entry-level credit cards.
- Those Looking for a Basic Credit Card: If you prefer a basic credit card with essential features and benefits without the complexities of premium cards, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card can be an excellent choice. It provides a straightforward cashback structure, redemption options, and additional perks suited to the needs of young professionals.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
To be eligible for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, applicants must meet specific criteria based on their employment status, age, and income. The following details the eligibility requirements for both salaried employees and self-employed individuals:
For Salaried Employees
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be between 21 and 40 years of age to qualify for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
- Minimum Income: Salaried individuals need to have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 35,000 to meet the income-based eligibility criteria.
For Self-Employed Individuals
- Age Requirement: Self-employed individuals must fall within the age bracket of 21 to 40 years to be eligible for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
- Minimum Income: Self-employed applicants are required to have a minimum annual income of Rs. 6,00,000 as per their Income Tax Return (ITR) filings.
These eligibility criteria serve as guidelines to ensure that applicants meet the necessary financial stability and age requirements for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card. It’s important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee card approval, as the final decision is subject to the bank’s evaluation of the applicant’s creditworthiness and other internal factors.
How to Apply for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
To apply for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Look for the “Apply Now” button located at the top of the page and click on it.
- Under the Millennia Credit Card section, click or tap on the “Sign Up” button to initiate the application process.
- You will be redirected to HDFC Bank’s dedicated credit card application page.
- On the application page, you will be required to complete a form with relevant information to submit your application.
- Fill in the necessary details such as your personal information, contact details, employment details, income details, and any other required information as indicated on the form.
- Review the provided information for accuracy and completeness before submitting the application.
- Once you have filled out the form, submit the application for processing.
- After submitting the application, HDFC Bank will review your details and evaluate your eligibility for the Millennia Credit Card.
- If your application is approved, you will receive further instructions from HDFC Bank regarding the next steps, which may include providing additional documents if necessary.
- If your application is successful, you can expect to receive your HDFC Millennia Credit Card at the mailing address provided during the application process.
By following these steps, you can easily apply for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card online through HDFC Bank’s official website. Make sure to provide accurate and complete information to increase your chances of a successful application.
Can I use the HDFC Millennia Credit Card for international transactions?
Yes, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card can be used for international transactions.
Is there a contactless payment feature available on the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
Yes, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card is equipped with a contactless payment feature, allowing you to make quick and secure payments by simply tapping your card on a compatible payment terminal.
What are the benefits of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card for frequent travelers?
Frequent travelers with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card can enjoy complimentary lounge access at domestic airports in India, providing a comfortable and convenient experience while waiting for flights.
Can I convert my purchases into EMI with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
Yes, you have the option to convert eligible transactions into easy monthly installments (EMIs) using your HDFC Millennia Credit Card. However, terms and conditions apply, and not all purchases may be eligible for conversion.
How can I redeem the CashPoints earned on my HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
You can redeem the CashPoints earned on your HDFC Millennia Credit Card for various options. These include adjusting them against your card’s statement balance, redeeming them for products and vouchers in the HDFC product catalog, or using them towards flight and hotel bookings.
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card is a suitable choice for young professionals and millennials looking to establish their credit journey and enjoy a range of benefits. With its focus on cashback rewards, exclusive discounts at partner merchants, and complimentary lounge access at domestic airports, this card offers value and convenience.
The card’s 5% cashback on partner online merchants, such as Amazon, Flipkart, and Uber, provides significant savings for frequent online shoppers. Additionally, the 1% cashback on other online and offline spends adds to the overall rewards potential. The CashPoints earned can be redeemed for statement balance adjustments, product purchases, or flight/hotel bookings, enhancing flexibility in reward redemption.
While the card comes with an annual fee, it can be waived by meeting the minimum spending requirement. However, it’s important to note the associated fees and charges, including the interest rate, foreign currency mark-up, cash withdrawal fee, and late payment fee.
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card caters to the needs of its target audience by offering benefits specifically tailored to their lifestyle. Whether you’re a young professional seeking to build a strong credit profile or an avid online shopper looking for attractive rewards, this card provides a platform to achieve your financial goals.
To apply for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, the process can be conveniently completed online through the official HDFC Bank website. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and provide accurate information during the application process.
Overall, the HDFC Millennia Credit Card presents a compelling option for those seeking a credit card that aligns with their needs, offering cashback rewards, travel perks, and a platform to kickstart their credit journey.
What did we learn?
- 1 Rewards and Benefits
- 2 HDFC Millennia Credit Card Reward Points/Cashback
- 3 HDFC Millennia Credit Card Fees and Charges
- 4 Pros of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- 5 Cons of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- 6 Who Should Sign Up for HDFC Millennia Card?
- 7 Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- 8 How to Apply for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- 9 FAQs
- 9.1 Can I use the HDFC Millennia Credit Card for international transactions?
- 9.2 Is there a contactless payment feature available on the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
- 9.3 What are the benefits of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card for frequent travelers?
- 9.4 Can I convert my purchases into EMI with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
- 9.5 How can I redeem the CashPoints earned on my HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
- 10 Conclusion