You must come across this article looking for detailed information for writing an application letter for closing a bank account. Fortunately, you are in the right place. For instance, closing our bank account could be one of the biggest concerns for some people. It is generally when people are not knowledgeable enough about the banking and finance system.
Sometimes, we are not even sure about the essential points, addresses, and other things while writing up an email for closing a bank account. Moreover, banks do not want to lose their valuable customers. Thus, the banks always try to make this process difficult.
The application letter for closing a bank account generally includes writing an official letter to the bank manager to request the account closure. In this article, we will explain in detail how one can close their bank account.
Points to Remember – Writing a Letter for Closing a Bank Account
There are some points that need to be remembered. You need to keep these points in mind while writing a letter to the official. The points are as follows;
- It is an official letter to the bank head, manager. Thus, it should be concise and clear.
- The subject heading should be ‘Closure of Savings Bank Account.’
- The person should mention all of his identity and his bank details properly.
- The application letter should be addressed to the bank manager.
- Also, mention the return of bank belongings such as debit cards, credit cards, passbooks and bank cheques book.
- Attach an identity and address proof with the application letter.
- Withdraw the account balance before opting for the account closure process.
- Bank may also charge some nominal fee for closing the savings bank account.
You may also like to read, How to Reset Indian Bank Transaction Password?
How to Close the Bank Account Properly?
Your bank account is one of the essential assets. Thus, before closing the bank account. Make sure to go through the perfect procedure mentioned below.
- First, one should transfer all the balance available in the bank account to any other bank account.
- After that, one should download the closure form over the internet to close the particular bank account.
- Go through the bank procedure by meeting with the bank manager.
- Submit all the essential documents with the application letter.
- Submit all the belongings to the bank.
- That’s all. The bank will usually take up to 10 days to close your bank account.
- Sample Application to Close Your Bank Account
The Branch Manager,
Rakh Bagh, Ludhiana, Punjab
Subject: Closure of Savings/Current Bank Account
This is to ask you to kindly close my savings/ current account (Account number, CIF NO. _____________, IFSC Code ____________) with your lender under the name of Mr Raj Singh, a resident of Punjab 141003. I was unable to operate the account for a long time, and I regret my inability to continue with the same.
This is also to inform you that I am returning my bank passbook, chequebook, debit card along with my application. As proof of my identity, I am attaching a self-attested photocopy of my aadhar identity card.
Mr Raj Singh
Here we come at the end. Closing a Bank account is a kind of headache to some people. It is because the easier it is to open a bank account, the more difficult it is to close a bank account. The bank does not want to lose its valuable customers.
However, this article is all about explaining the writing process for sending an application for closing a bank account. We hope it helps. If something else to ask? You can always ask us in the comments section.