Being one of the nationalized banks in India. The Central Bank of India is doing great for its customers by providing top-notch banking services to them. Every customer of the Central Bank of India is allocated a unique number (CIF number). This number is generally used to identify the bank information and the number of accounts holds by the same customer.
However, we need this number for activating some services such as Central Bank of India Internet banking. If you have forgotten the CIF number? No worries. In this article, we have added the definitive ways to find the CIF number of the Central Bank of India.
What is the CIF number?
CIF (Customer Information File) is a unique 11-digit number that is allocated to the customer during the account opening. Both banks and customers need to have this number.
CIF contains all the personal and banking information about the customer that is needed by the bank.
The customer needs this number to activate online banking services.
We have added detailed information about “What is the CIF number?” in another article.
When is the CIF number Required?
We know that the CIF number generally used for the bank’s internal purpose but some services require this number.
- During the transfer of the bank accounts.
- For internet banking registration.
How to find the CIF number of the Central bank of India Online?
There is nothing much you need to do for finding out the CIF number of the Central Bank of India, one can find this number online using the internet banking service.
However, the customer must activate the internet banking service before following this process.
- First, one needs to visit the official website of the Central Bank of India. One can visit by clicking here.
- Second, the customer needs to visit the login page.
- After that, one needs to enter the login id and password.
- Once entered, click on the login button.
- Within a few seconds, one will get redirected to the net banking dashboard.
- The customer will find the customer id on the left side corner.
Cent mPassbook application
There is an alternative way to find the customer id of the Central Bank of India online, the customer only needs to download one application named “Cent mPassbook” on their smartphone.
- First, the customer needs to download Cent mPassbook application from the app store.
- Second, the customer needs to complete the registration. (First time user)
- Once the registration gets completed, the customer can now login using the user id and password.
- The customer now has to visit the profile section under the application.
- One will find the customer id on their smartphone screen.
You must have come across this article looking for the CIF number of the Central Bank of India? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have added two definitive ways to find out the customer id of the Central Bank of India. However, the customer can always reach us from the comments section, if there is anything that is not understandable in this article.