IDBI Bank is an Indian government-owned financial service company, headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is owned by the Government of India and is one of the largest commercial banks in India. IDBI Bank offers banking and financial services including corporate banking, retail banking, and various other financial services.
It also has a presence in over 1000 cities and towns in India and has a network of over 1,800 branches and more than 3,000 ATMs. IDBI Bank has a wide range of products and services. These include savings accounts, fixed deposits, current accounts, loans, credit cards, and debit cards. It also offers a range of insurance products and mutual fund investments.
IDBI Bank is one of the few banks in India that is actively involved in micro-finance activities. The bank has a dedicated department to cater to micro-finance customers.
Stock History of IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE) in 2004. Since then, its stock has seen a consistent rise and fall, with prices ranging from Rs. 20 to Rs. 70. The current market capitalization of the bank is Rs. 59,191 crores. IDBI Bank has also been included in the Nifty 50. It is currently trading at around Rs. 55.
Q4 Earnings of IDBI Bank
The financial results for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2023, were released by IDBI Bank.
- The bank recorded a considerable improvement in its financial performance, with net profit rising 64.1 percent year over year to Rs 1,133.4 crore from Rs 691 crore during the same period the previous year.
- In addition, the bank’s net interest income (NII) increased by a robust 35.3 percent to Rs 3,279.6 crore from Rs 2,420.5 crore in the same quarter last year.
- When compared to the prior quarter, the gross NPA ratio dropped from 13.82 percent to 6.38 percent, and the net NPA ratio from 1.08 percent to 0.92 percent. When compared to the same time the previous year, the bank’s provisions grew by 47.4%, from Rs. 669.2 crore to Rs. 986.3 crore.
IDBI Bank in recent news
- Jayakumar S. Pillai has been appointed to the position of Deputy Managing Director on the bank’s Board, according to an official filing from IDBI Bank. As permitted by the RBI, the appointment has been accepted by the bank’s board of directors and is effective for three years beginning on the day he takes office.
- On Friday, the National Company Law Tribunal rejected IDBI Bank’s bankruptcy claim against Zed Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEEL), which was promoted by Subhash Chandra. For a default of more than Rs 149 crore, the public sector lender has filed an insolvency resolution suit against Zed.
- The IDBI Bank is in the process of being divested. The bank’s two largest owners, the government and LIC, are both trying to sell their holdings. The struggle to acquire the bank has reportedly heated up, according to Hamsini Karthik of businessline. The promoter of CSB Bank, Fairfax India Holdings, and Kotak Mahindra Bank are the two bidders who are prepared to make enticing control premium offers. However, neither of them is presently interested in merging with IDBI.
- The bank’s board of directors have recommended a dividend of Rs 1 per equity share.
To buy IDBI Bank shares in India, you need to open a Demat account with a registered stock broker. Once you have opened the account, you can transfer money from your bank account to the broker’s account. After that, you can place an order to buy the shares online or through a broker. Once your order is executed, the shares will be transferred to your Demat account. You can then hold the shares in your Demat account and sell them when you want. Some of the online platforms selling IDBI Bank shares are Zerodha, Groww, 5paisa, and Upstox.
|When||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
Based on the current performance of the bank and the growing demands of banking services with growth in the economy, the future of IDBI bank looks bright.
According to our prediction and calculations, the share price of IDBI Bank will reach Rs. 78.11 by the end of 2023.
|When||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
IDBI Bank share price target for 2024 is expected to be around Rs. 109.36.
This is based on the current performance of the bank and the increasing demand for banking services. The bank is expected to benefit from the government’s initiatives to promote financial inclusion and the increasing demand from people for digital banking services.
The bank is also expected to benefit from its strong presence in the retail banking and corporate banking segments.
|When||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
The IDBI Bank share price target for 2025 is Rs. 132.66.
The share price is expected to start at a minimum of Rs. 85.81 in January 2025 and reach a maximum of Rs. 132.66 in December 2025.
Overall, the IDBI share price is expected to increase throughout the year.
However, the share price may also experience fluctuations, with a minimum target of Rs. 76.98 in May 2025.
It is important to note that these are just projections and actual market conditions may differ.
|Year||Maximum Price||Minimum Price|
For the next few years the market is expected to be bullish, but just until 2025 specially PSU banks.
As experts say, the market will see a bear run for two consecutive years i.e. 2026 and 2027. But the further years would witness an unseen bull run.
Hence, the share price will reach Rs. 132 in 2025 and fall drastically to Rs. 65 in 2026 and then further down to Rs. 55.
But in 2028 price will reach Rs. 142.08 in 2028 and Rs. 291.85 in 2029 and further it will close the year 2030 at Rs. 325.01.
IDBI Bank Financial Condition: Last 5 years
|Profit before tax||-8,157.11||-15,012.97||-12,847.40||1,532.13||2,557.07|
|Price to earning||-2.74||-2.41||-1.56||27.38||18.16|
It is anticipated that the price of IDBI Bank shares will increase in 2023, due to its current performance and increased need for banking services. The bank is expected to benefit from the government’s initiatives to support financial inclusion and the rising demand for digital banking services, in addition to its strong presence in retail banking and corporate banking.
What is the market capitalisation of IDBI Bank?
As of May 31, 2023, IDBI Bank has a market cap of Rs. 59,191 Crore.
At this time, it is not likely that the price of IDBI Bank shares will reach Rs. 300 by the end of 2030.
The bank’s share price is currently trading at around Rs. 49, and it is expected to increase gradually over time.
However, the share price is subject to market conditions and the performance of the bank. It is therefore not possible to predict whether or not IDBI Bank share price will reach Rs. 300 in the future.
IDBI bank share price target 2025 suggest it could be trading at ₹132.66 maximum. Minimum IDBI share price for 2025 is ₹76.98. In best possible scenario, IDBI share could be trading at more than 150% gain from its current price.
IDBI bank share price target for 2030 is in between ₹325.01 to ₹227.51. From the current price, the stock price should go up by 600%.
Can IDBI reach 500INR?
I do not think IDBI bank can touch 500INR in next 10 years. For IDBI to touch 500INR, shares need to grow by more than 10 times, which does not look like a near possibility.
In conclusion, IDBI Bank is a government-owned financial service company with a strong presence in retail and corporate banking. Its stock has seen a consistent rise and fall since its launch, with prices ranging from Rs. 20 to Rs. 195.
The bank is expected to benefit from the government’s initiatives to promote financial inclusion and the increasing demand from people for digital banking services.
IDBI Bank share price targets for 2023, 2024, 2025 to 2030 are expected to be around Rs. 78.11, Rs. 109.36, Rs. 132.66, Rs. 92, Rs. 78, Rs. 142, Rs. 291 and Rs. 170 respectively.
However, the actual performance of the bank and the market conditions will determine the actual share price in the future.
Financials of the company, such as the Price-to-Earning ratio, Price-to-Book ratio, Earning per share, 52-week high and 52-week low have grown in comparison to previous years, where PE ratio being 15.94, with PB ratio being 1.57, EPS at 3.45 and 52-week high & low standing at 62 and 30.5 respectively.
What did we learn?
- 1 Stock History of IDBI Bank
- 2 Q4 Earnings of IDBI Bank
- 3 IDBI Bank in recent news
- 4 How to buy IDBI bank shares in India?
- 5 IDBI Bank Share Price Prediction 2023-2030
- 6 IDBI Bank Financial Condition: Last 5 years
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Conclusion