CSC (Common Service Centre) is a front end service delivery pointed enabled with ICT (Information and Communication Technology). It is generally established to deliver all the utilities and non-government services to the end customers (rural population). It is a PAN India network and it is continuously working towards making India a digital nation. B2C (Business to citizens), health care, education services, aadhar, and banking services are some of the services provided by CSC.
There are number initiatives and services are offered under this program and under the guidelines of Digital India. To be an instance, It is an access point for the delivery of multiple items and benefits through an electronic medium. However, this initiative is only started for providing programs under rural areas or remote locations.
What is CSC Registration?
CSC (Common Service Centre) registration is a scheme under the part of Digital India and also one of the significant parts of the National e-governance plan (NeGP). This plan is formulated by the Department of electronics and information technology (DEITY), Govt. of India.
As I mentioned earlier that CSC is one of the major government initiatives to provide all the services like B2C, health care, education services, aadhar, and banking services and make these facilities available to the rural people and area under Digital India scheme.
CSC Registration is compulsory for all VLE schemes. A VLE needs to register for CSC every year by going through the official website. The registration date and the process is alerted to all VLEs through calls, message or texts and this information is also available under various social media handles.
- Scheme Name: Common Service Centre
- Launched by: Central Government of India.
- Start Date of Registration: (Available now)
- Registration Fee: There is no registration fee.
- Beneficiary: Citizens of India.
- Objective: To connect the rural population with Government Debt.
- Mode of application: Online
- Official website: https://www.csc.gov.in/
How to complete the CSC Registration?
- First, you have to open the official website of CSC (Common Service Centre). You can open it by clicking here https://www.csc.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the left side of the page to become a CSC.
- Now, select the CSC Registration or Click here button to start your registration process.
- Enter your 12 digital aadhar number to start the process.
- After that, you need to verify yourself. There will be three options to verify your authenticity. (IRIS, Fingerprint, One-time password)
- Select the verification method and click on the proceed button. (I am preferring the OTP option here right now)
- On the next screen, enter the OTP (One Time Password) that you have received on your registered mobile number (Whichever is linked with your aadhar card)
- Upon Aadhar OTP verification, you will be asked to put your email ID.
- Enter the Email ID and again complete the verification using the OTP which you will receive in your Email ID.
- Next, you will have to upload geotagged photos of the location or core location to the website.
- Once everything is done. You can tap on the send link for confirmation.
- That’s it.
Note: Before completing the process, the applicants need to review their application. They will have to check all the filled information and if everything is fine then they have to click on the confirm button to proceed.
Some important documents
We know that the CSC scheme is launched by the Central Government of India. Therefore, you will have to verify every document to complete your CSC registration. I will be adding the list of some essential documents down below.
- Pan card and canceled cheque: Applicants have to upload a scanned copy of their pan card and canceled cheque into the system.
- Latest photographs: Applicants need to upload their recent and original scanned photographs into the system.
- Fill infrastructure details: The applicant needs to fill every detail correctly and probably about the infrastructure area.
- Educational certificate: You will have to upload the higher educational certificate into the website.
- CSC Centre Photos: As I mentioned earlier, the applicant will have to upload the necessary geo-tagged photos of its CSC Centre.
Benefits of CSC:
- You will have access to every information including rural and remote areas.
- Delivery of public services. It is generally G2C and B2C.
- ICT scheme for socially disadvantaged rural people for their inclusive growth.
- You will have access to quality education and skill upgradation.
- You will have access to cost efficiency and quality of health services.
- Many other benefits.
Functions of CSC:
- Proper G2C communication across various sectors.
- Information Dissmentation: Interactive kiosks, voice, and language interface.
- Edutainment, this includes various educational and entertainment section.
- e-Governance services and access
- C2G Kiosks for complaints, services and all other information.
- Rural BPO and many others.
How to check CSC Registration Status?
It is essential to check whether your registration is completed or not. To check the status of your CSC registration. You can use the same path that you have chosen during the actual registration for the CSC scheme. A copy of your registration slip must be sent to your email address.
- First, you have to open this link: https://register.csc.gov.in/register/status
- Check out the status of your submission by putting the essential information. (Your application number and other required details)
- Click on submit.
- The details will be available at your screen whether your application is denied or accepted.
- If your CSC registration is denied then do not think much and apply for CSC again.
Note: Remember that, CSC registration is free. So do not get fooled by some websites or individuals. There is no need to pay a single rupee for CSC registration.
CSC (Common Service Centre) Programme is an initiative by the Central Government of India and the Ministry of Electronics & IT under the Digital India scheme. It is generally an access point for various electronic and social services to deliver in rural areas of India.
In this article, we have added the complete process of CSC registration along with the functions and benefits. You can check it out and also, do let us know in the comments section if there is anything that is not understandable.