Indian bank is one of the oldest banks in our country. It was established in 1907, and the headquarter of this bank is located in Chennai, India. Indian Bank is doing great in the banking sector by providing all the banking and financial facilities to the customers.
If you come across this article looking for a guide to get your new mobile number register with an Indian bank account, then you are in the right place. Every bank needs to take all the essential information such as name, phone number, and KYC documents during the new account opening.
However, if there is a case that you want to register a new mobile number in an Indian bank, then you can do this as well. In this article, we have added a definitive guide for the customers who want to update their mobile number in the Indian bank.
How to Register a new mobile number in Indian Bank?
It is a quick process. You may require to visit the bank for completing this process. However, if you have an account with internet banking access, then you can do it online.
By Visiting Bank – 1
- First, you need to visit the nearest Indian Bank branch near your location.
- You will have to meet the relationship or bank manager in the branch.
- After that, you need to ask for the application form from one of their executive.
- You need to write a letter to the bank manager consisting of your account number, mobile number, and other details.
- You can write the subject as “Register a new mobile number.”
- After that, you need to attach this letter with the application form along with your KYC documents.
- Please make sure that your signature is present on every page including your photocopy documents.
- You now have to submit this file to the bank manager or executive.
- After submission, you will have to wait for one or two working days until the process gets complete.
- Upon successful verification, your new mobile number will get updated with your Indian bank account.
- You will get a confirmation message on your mobile number once it gets done.
Note: If the mobile number does not get updated within 24-48 hours. Please visit the bank for the update.
Internet Banking – 2
One can even register a new mobile number in an Indian bank online using internet banking. You can follow the steps that we had given below.
- First, you will have to visit the Indian bank internet banking login page. You can visit by clicking here.
- After that, you need to get logged in to the internet banking portal.
- Go through the profile section.
- Update the latest mobile number.
- Verify using the OTP.
- That’s it. Your mobile number is now updated in the bank records.
Having an updated mobile number in the bank account is essential to receive daily transaction alerts via SMS. Therefore, if due to any reason you want to register a new mobile number in an Indian Bank account, you can do it by following the steps we have added above in this article.
For further queries, you can always contact us using the comments section.