Indian Bank is one of the oldest banks in India. This bank is providing banking services to customers for ages. To be an instance, this bank is one of the fastest-growing banks in India. Therefore, many people have a bank account with the Indian Bank.
I know this, you must have come across this article looking for the CIF number of Indian Bank. Fortunately, you are in the right place. I’ll explain the importance of the CIF number and why do the bank and the customer need it.
I’ll be even adding the ways to know the CIF number of Indian Bank account online. Let’s have a look.
What is the CIF number in Indian Bank?
CIF (Customer Information File) is a unique 11-digit number that is assigned to every Indian Bank account customer. It is generally for getting all the information about the customer including the banking transactions, statements, balance, and the number of bank accounts with the same bank.
However, this number is essential for customers as well. The customer cannot activate the digital banking services or transfer the bank account to another branch without having the CIF number.
Why does the CIF number is needed?
- For the transfers of the bank accounts.
- For activating the digital banking services.
- For getting the information about the customer.
How to know the CIF number of Indian bank account Online?
The customer can quickly know the CIF number of the Indian Bank account online by getting logged in to the Indian Bank internet banking portal.
However, customers are required to get registered for digital banking services. The customer can even have a look at our Indian Bank Internet banking registration guide.
Let’s have a look at the process.
- First, one needs to visit the official internet banking login page of Indian Bank. The customer can visit by clicking here.
- After that, one needs to get logged in to the net banking portal.
- Within a few seconds, the customer will get redirected to the internet banking portal.
- The customer can now find the customer id in the profile section.
- The customer can also visit the account information section.
- From there, one can generate the E-Statement.
- The CIF number will be mentioned on the first page of the e-statement.
Frequently asked questions
How can I get the Indian Bank CIF number without having the passbook?
You can follow the online process to know the CIF number of Indian Bank using the internet banking service. However, you can also apply for the latest passbook by visiting the home branch.
How to get the Indian Bank CIF number using SMS Banking?
For now, there is no such service available at Indian Bank to get the CIF number using the SMS Banking service.
Are there any charges for the CIF number application?
No, there are no charges for the application of the CIF number.
Here we come at the end. Indian Bank is one of the finest banks in India. This bank is doing great in the banking sector. However, if you want to activate the digital banking service? Then, you need the CIF number.
In this article, we have added the definitive guide to know the CIF number of Indian Bank account online, one can always let us know in the comments section regarding any issue.