These days having a bank account linked with a mobile number is essential for several reasons. For example, the customer will receive all the transaction alerts on a real-time basis on their smartphone. The customer can even opt for the SMS, Phone, or Internet banking services if the mobile number is registered with the bank.
You must have come across this article looking for a way to update your mobile number in Canara bank. If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to publish a quick guide for the people who want to get their Canara mobile number updated or register a new mobile number in their Canara bank account.
How to update mobile number in Canara Bank?
There are several methods to complete this process. Due to advancements in technology, it is now possible to register a new mobile number quickly using internet banking. However, we have added three different ways to complete this process. Let’s have a look.
Nearest ATM of Canara Bank – 1
You can always update your mobile number in Canara bank using the nearest ATM. It is one of the most appropriate options. Furthermore, you can follow the steps that we had given below for this.
- First, you will have to visit the nearest Canara Bank ATM.
- After that, you need to insert your ATM card and complete the verification using ATM Pin.
- You will find the number of options on your screen. You only to click on the registration button.
- After that, select the mobile number registration option.
- On the next screen, select the mobile number change option.
- You will now have to enter your new mobile number twice to complete this transaction.
- Once it gets validated, you will receive a reference number on your screen and an OTP on your old mobile number.
- Last, you now will have to send a text message from your new mobile number. Type ACTIVATE [space] OTP [space] REFERENCE_NUMBER and send it to 5676767.
- That’s it.
Internet Banking – 2
- First, open the Canara bank internet banking website on your PC. You can visit by clicking here.
- A login page will now appear on the screen.
- You now have to enter the login id and password.
- Click on the login button, and within a few seconds, you will get redirected to the net banking portal.
- Now, click on the services option and go through the profile section.
- Enter your transaction password.
- Now update your mobile number in your bank account.
- Confirm the transaction by providing OTP from both old and new mobile numbers.
- That’s it.
Bank Branch – 3
If you do not have access to internet banking and a previous mobile number. I will suggest you visit the bank and meet the relationship manager for changing your mobile number in Canara Bank.
You only have to write a letter to the bank manager, and upon successful validation, your new mobile will get updated with the bank.
You may also like to read, How to Register a new mobile number in Indian Bank online?
Sometimes, there is a need for changing or updating the mobile number in bank accounts. Therefore, we always look for an efficient way to do this. However, if you are a customer of Canara Bank then this article is for you.
Here we have added everything that you need to know about updating your mobile number in Canara bank. You can always reach us via the comment section in case of any issue or query.