A PAN card is a Permanent Account Number card issued by the Income tax department of India to keep a record of all the entities and assets earned by an individual holding that card. It helps the government and the income tax department to prevent Tax evasion and it helps the people by serving as a source of legal proof of income in financial matters.
Once you are 18 and have a bank account, you are eligible to have a PAN card of your own. It is very important for every PAN card holder to keep their PAN updated with any changes if there be it their address, phone numbers, name, etc. it is important to keep your PAN card details to be updated as the card is used to file your income tax returns.
In this article we will discuss the ways in which we can update our mobile number in PAN card. There are 2 ways to do so:
- Online method
- Offline method
Both of these ways include a lot of steps that need to be followed to complete the process.
Let’s discuss both ways in an elaborated manner.
Click here to know how to apply for PAN card online.
Step by Step process to update Mobile number in Pancard:
PAN card update through Online Method
With the rapid growth in technology and times like the covid pandemic we have learned about the importance of online facilities in almost everything. Today there is no need to go to the offline centres to settle your query but instead you can do that online right from the comfort of your convenient place be it your workplace or home or any other plan, all you need is a stable connection to internet and a device to access it. Here are the steps you need to follow to update your PAN card details online:
- Visit the NSDL official website.
- Click on the “Application type” option.
- Click on the “correction and changes” tab.
- Fill in all the necessary details and make sure that the details entered are authentic and updated.
- Click on submit.
- Now you will receive a token number on your email.
- Click on the “continue with the PAN application option”.
- Select “submit scanned images through e-sign”.
- Fill in the other necessary details.
- On the duplicate PAN card page, click on “surrender”, click on “next”.
- Upload the necessary documents of proof.
- Sign and self attest the acknowledgement slip.
- You now need to pay a correction fee of Rs. 100.
These were the simple steps to make any correction or update in your PAN card details.
PAN card update through Offline method
Offline method is a much more convenient and efficient option. It is so because you have a reliable point of contact to ask your queries from. For this you can go to the nearest NSDL centre with the PAN card correction form and make the necessary changes. Here are the steps your need to follow to update your PAN card through the offline process:
- Download the PAN card from the NDLS official website.
- Fill the form correctly with the updated details and submit it in the nearest NSDL centre.
- You will now get an acknowledgement slip.
- Submit the acknowledgement slip to the nearest NSDL centre within 15 days.
- Write a letter addressing the respective officer answering the issue of duplicate PAN cards.
- Post the letter to the tax officer near you and get approved.
These were the steps one needed to follow to update their PAN offline.
These were the 2 methods to update your PAN card details, you can choose the one which is more convenient to you and carry on with the same accordingly.
Can we update our PAN card details online?
Yes, we can do that by visiting the NSDL official website.
What change in a PAN cannot be edited?
A PAN card number cannot be edited once it’s issued.
Can we update our name on a PAN card?
Yes, we can edit our name in a PAN card.
Click here to know how to check UTI/NSDL PAN card status.