Like the IFSC code, the CIF number carries the same importance in terms of online banking and for completing the transactions. The customers need to have the CIF number for activating the digital banking services in the State Bank of India.
In case, if you have forgotten the CIF number? We will help you to find it out. In this article, we have added the possible ways to find the CIF number of SBI online.
Let’s have a look.
What is the CIF number?
CIF stands for Customer Information File. This is a unique number allocated to each customer of the State Bank of India. It does contain essential information about the customer and its account.
It has the following specifications:
- Customer Information File is a virtual data to hold the customer information in a digital format.
- The 11-digit number allocated to each customer.
- All the bank accounts with SBI linked to the same customer has only one unique CIF number.
- This number can help during the transfer of the accounts.
- The customer can use this number for activating internet banking services.
How to Find the CIF number of SBI Online?
There are generally two methods to find the CIF number of SBI Online. However, one needs to have access to internet banking or mobile banking services to complete this process.
Internet Banking – 1
It is one of the most convenient options to find the CIF number of SBI online. However, one needs to have access to SBI internet banking to complete this process.
- Visit the official website of SBI internet banking. You can visit by clicking here.
- Click on the “Personal Banking” option.
- After that, click on the “Continue to login” button.
- You will get redirected to the login page.
- You now have to enter the user id and password on the screen.
- Once entered, click on the login button.
- You will find the CIF number under the account information and nominee section.
The customers can also find the CIF number on the profile tab.
- After getting logged in to the internet banking portal, click on the profile information.
- You will find the CIF number written over there on the screen.
Yono Lite SBI – 2
The customer can use the Yono Lite application to get the customer id. However, one needs to register the mobile number with SBI to complete this process.
- First, download the Yono Lite application from the app store.
- Second, register or login using the user id and password.
- Click on the services tab.
- You will now find the option of online nomination. Just click on it.
- On the next screen, choose the transaction account and select the account number.
- The CIF number will get displayed on the smartphone screen.
The State Bank of India is one of the largest public sector banks in India. It offers the best banking services to the customers. However, some of the customers are still not aware of the CIF number. Therefore, we have added this article for the people who are looking to find the CIF number of SBI online.
In this article, we have added two different methods. You can let us know in the comments section if have any query regarding SBI CIF number.