You must have come across this article looking for ways to contact FAFSA customer service support. Fortunately, you are in the right place. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is a form that is completed by current and prospective college students in the United States. It is generally for checking their eligibility for student financial aid.
However, one should not get confused with the CSS profile. It is different and often required by some colleges. The CSS profile is a private fee-based product often required by the colleges. The fundings is itself provided by the colleges.
What is the eligibility for FAFSA?
To receive a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, one needs to meet the following criteria.
- You must be registered with SSS (Selective Service System). Your age must be between 18-25.
- You must have a maintained Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You must be an eligible US citizen.
- You must have a valid SSN.
If you meet the above-given criteria, then you can apply for Federal Student Aid. You can read more information about FAFSA at Wikipedia.
How to connect with FAFSA Customer Service Support?
You can quickly connect with a real person at FAFSA customer service support by following the below-given steps.
- First, one needs to open the smartphone and dial this number 1-800-433-3243.
- Once the call gets connected, speak ‘speak with a customer service representative.’
- You now have to stay in the line. The usual waiting time for the call to get connected with the customer service executive is 25 minutes.
- After that, one will automatically get connected with a live customer service officer from FAFSA.
- That’s it.
- You need to speak ‘application status.’ for getting the application status or requesting a copy of the student financial aid.
- You need to speak ‘loans.’ for availing of student loans.
- You need to speak ‘help ID.’ for getting help with FSA ID.
- You need to speak ‘student report.’ for getting help with student reports.
- You need to speak ‘more information.’ for getting more and general information.
You can call the FAFSA Customer Service from 8 AM to 11 PM. (Monday to Friday)
& 11 AM to 5 PM (Saturday and Sunday)
Live Chat & Email Support
You can also initiate a Live Chat with the FAFSA customer service executive from the official website. You only need to click on the ‘Start Chat.’ button over there.
Alternatively, you can also send them an email regarding any support.
- BorrowerDefense@ed.gov: For Borrower Defense
- firstname.lastname@example.org: For Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC)
You may also like to read, HD Financial Services and Customer Service Information
Here we come at the end. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is a form that is completed by current and prospective college students in the United States. This application is often required by some of the colleges.
However, this article is all related to contacting FAFSA customer service support. We have added everything over here that one needs to know for contacting a real person at FAFSA. If there is anything else to ask? You can ask us in the comments section.