When is ITC Hotels Set to List on NSE/BSE?

One of the most anticipated events in the Indian corporate sector is unfolding: ITC, the prominent conglomerate, is poised to list its hotel subsidiary, ITC Hotels, on the stock exchange. The Economic Times has reported that this monumental listing is slated to happen within the next six to nine months. With such a significant move on the horizon, it’s essential to understand the background, motivations, and implications of this decision.

ITC hotels

Delving Deeper into the Timeline

Though ITC has not officially confirmed the exact timeline for the listing, crucial indicators are pointing towards the imminent event. A pivotal board meeting, set for August 14, is expected to shed light on the matter. The company’s intimation to stock exchanges on July 24 emphasized that a scheme of arrangement for the hotel business’s demerger would be up for discussion and approval during this meeting.

The Rationale Behind the Move

The choice to list ITC Hotels independently isn’t merely a spontaneous corporate decision. Historically, the capital-intensive nature of the hotel business led it to yield lower returns on capital compared to ITC’s other ventures. By segregating the hotel segment, ITC aims to enable this arm to operate with sharper focus and agility, unburdened by the diverse interests of the broader conglomerate.

Value Unlocking: The Core Objective

The demerger is a strategic move aligned with ITC’s vision of maximizing value for its stakeholders. This restructuring will not only allow the hotel entity to hone its focus on the burgeoning hospitality industry but also streamline its capital structure to resonate better with industry nuances.

What’s more, ITC plans to maintain a 40% stake in the newly-formed hotel business, allocating the remaining 60% to its loyal shareholders. This strategic distribution underscores ITC’s intent to strike a balance between retaining strategic control and rewarding shareholder commitment.

Market Response: An Air of Optimism

The prospect of the ITC Hotels demerger and listing has stirred enthusiasm among market analysts and investors. The move is seen as a gateway for investors to enjoy the benefits of ITC’s traditionally high-yielding sectors while having the option to diverge from a segment that has offered sub-optimal returns in the past.

Also read: ITC Price Prediction After Demerger

In Conclusion

With the anticipated listing of ITC Hotels around the corner, all eyes are set on the outcomes of the August 14 board meeting. This transformation could potentially set a new trajectory for ITC Hotels, positioning it as a distinct and focused player in the vibrant hospitality landscape.

Financesrule telegram

Finances rule
Author: Sanjib SahaSanjib is a finance based writer who has a deep knowledge in stock market, cryptocurrency and mutual funds. He is also a co-founder of Financesrule.com

Leave a Reply